Thursday, April 28, 2011

4.28.11 - anxious to get to the gym

Anxious to get to the gym. I'm full of energy today for some reason and feeling a tad aggro. I had to skip the gym last night because I had to mow the yard. That's the bad part of Spring, the grass grows so fast I have to basically mow twice a week. That just takes away from my gym time!

Tonight is deadlifts and bench press. I'm moving up in weight on both. Deadlifts I'm not much worried about but bench has always been a weak spot for me.

I'm trying to set up my initial goals for my 1RM weights. So far I'm thinking:
315 - deadlift
315 - squat
275 - bench

I think I'll get to squat and deadlift at a decent pace but that bench is going to take a while. I need to try to hit it twice a week and make some progress. I think I need to eat more and have a more structured approach. I'm thinking of starting protein shakes at work, at least one during the day. Now that we're working out regularly I seem to always be hungry.


No comments:

Post a Comment