Saturday, April 30, 2011

Training update - 4.30.11

I measured my waist this morning for the first time in about a week. I was surprised to see that it read 38.25". This is quite an improvement from the 39" it was the last time I checked. While my weight seems to stay about the same on the scale, between 208 and 210, my waist is slowly shrinking. This is ideal to me because it shows that I am slowly burning fat and putting on some muscle at the same time. I just need to stay consistent with my diet, work out hard, and keep doing that blasted cardio at the end of my workouts.

last night's workout - squat, military press, shoulders, 30 min cardio

Friday nights at the gym are always dead and last night was no exception. There was barely five people working out at any given time. I love an empty gym. We tried our new XTend workout recovery drink in our water bottles at the gym. I got the lemonade flavor and it wasn't too bad. It was a little strong at times and would give me a shiver, but I managed to drink it all. I don't know if it was placebo effect or what but I did feel pretty good throughout the workout, plenty of energy.

I started with squats and it went really well. My legs felt great and I powered through my sets with no real problems.

Next I did military press. This is a pretty new movement for me, as in the past I've done it with dumbbells. Pressing the barbell is still kind of awkward so I went fairly light and will continue to do so until I learn the movement and proper form.

squat - 195 lbs
deadlift - 195 lbs
bench - 160 lbs
press - 85 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment