Monday, May 9, 2011

Training update - 5.09.11

Friday night's workout - squats, back, biceps

Sunday morning's workout - deadlift, bench, incline DB bench

Friday night we had to wait on the squat rack for at least a half an hour because this guy was doing deadlifts. He was doing an impressive amount of weight. We saw him get up 405 lbs once or twice. He then put another 100 pounds on the bar and tried 505 but could not get it up.

My squat sets went fairly well, but they were a bit tough. I managed 215 lbs and got through all three of my working sets. It was tougher than my squat workouts have been lately. I might stick to that weight another workout before moving up again.
_____

Sunday morning I was feeling pretty good, having taken Saturday completely off from lifting or cardio. After quite a few warmups on deadlift, I loaded up 225 lbs and knocked out my first set. It didn't feel too heavy and I knocked out my reps with no problems. I slowed down a little on my last set but still finished strong.

I did bench press next, doing quite a few warmup sets to loosen up my shoulders. Once I felt warm I racked up 175 and attempted a set. I managed 3 good reps and then struggled and needed a spot on the 5th rep. Frustrated, I dropped the weight back to 165 and then knocked out the rest of my two sets. I'm thinking that my shoulders are my weak link on bench press, so I'm going to make it my goal over the next month or so to focus on my shoulder workouts more. I am going to try to hit shoulders twice a week to see if I can get them to catch up.

squat - 215 lbs
deadlift - 225 lbs

bench - 170 lbs
press - 85 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment