Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Training update - 5.4.11

last night's workout -squats, bench, biceps

The gym was pretty busy last night and our usual d-bag personal trainer was circuit training again in multiple stations, including the squat rack. I managed to get on the squat rack fairly soon after we got there. After a few warmups I managed to get in 3 good sets of 205. I'm glad to be over 200 again on squats, slowly building it back up to where I was a couple of years ago.

I followed with bench press. After a few warmups I managed to do three sets of 170 with moderate difficulty. I believe I managed all three sets without need of a spot, but I still feel pretty weak on bench. I still think my shoulders are a weak spot and that I should focus on shoulders more for a while and try to bring them up to speed with the rest of my body. Trying to resist the urge to ditch the barbell bench and go back to dumbbells.

Ended the workout with 35 minutes on the treadmill. I was pretty tired by the time I got to the treadmill but still managed a decent cardio burn.

Taking the night off tonight to recover and also to mow the grass.

squat - 205 lbs
deadlift - 195 lbs
bench - 170 lbs
press - 85 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment